Thursday, August 16, 2007

Squiggles

Finished pair 14 for the 52-pair Plunge last night. They're my own design and I've finally decided to dub them "Squiggles" -- unless I find that someone else is already using that name. (This is the same pattern as the pair I'd finished a few weeks ago and had been calling "FootseyFoo" after the STR colorway of the yarn from which they'd been knit.)


These are knit of Fleece Artist Basic Merino Socks in Mahogany. The pattern stitch is based on #39 from a Japanese book of 500 pattern stitches. Cuff down, magic loop on Addi Turbo Lace US#1.




Last Thursday I received a copy of Cat Bordhi's new sock book, New Pathways for Sock Knitters (book one). Wow! What an amazing, inspiring gem. The concepts she presents and possibilities they open up are delightful to think about. Although I wanted to dig right in and start knitting one of her patterns for myself, for once I was a good girl and knit the two baby "learning" socks as she strongly recommends. Now that I've finished the Squiggles I'm all set to take some measurements, determine my master numbers, and knit myself some "different" socks.

No comments: