Tuesday, June 01, 2010

But does she remember how to blog?

In a word, no. But I hope it will come back with some practice.

Hard to believe that it's been way over two years since I last blogged. The truth is that I'd rather be knitting than doing almost anything else and blogging definitely takes away from valuable knitting time.

But, today is the first day of the 52 Pair Plunge IV. And that seems like the perfect opportunity to start blogging again. And to make the commitment to chronicle my journey with the next 52 pairs of socks.

So here goes nothing...

55PP Day 1: 0 pairs completed
I'm still working on Hexagons by Kirsten Hall, the socks on the cover of the new Think Outside the Sox book from XRX. One sock is nearly done, the other still needs the heel and leg. I'm still playing around with fit issues, using different size needles to increase the size of the hexagons that sit at the top of the instep to provide adequate ease there.


Without blocking they don't look very wearable, or even very sock-shaped. But surprisingly they really do fit. Very ingenious the way those hexagons fit together around the heel.

Despite my intention to finish the Hexagons this week I'm likely to be waylaid by the sixth round of Sock Madness (a sock speed knitting competition) that also starts today. The pattern is to be released any time now. So even though I've already been eliminated from the official competition I'm likely to drop the hexagons temporarily in favor of whatever pattern the Madness throws my way.

2 comments:

TrinityRivHer said...

OOOOOH, so happy to have you back! I really love the Think Outside the Sox book -- as beautiful and inspiring as it is, though, I wish they'd used a stylist and photographer who knew how to photograph sox for sock knitters. But more importantly, congrats on being published!!
Can't wait to try the hexagon sox. I'm peering through my stash to find color possibilities...
Keep writing and letting us know how you're Plunge is progressing.

Catarina the Queena said...

Okay, Leslie, let's get real! Exactly how many contests / group knitting &/or spinning adventures are you IN right now?

Secondly, didn't you mean *52*PP?